The best dates are the months of May, June and September. You will find temperate climates and fewer tourists.
In recent years, most Spanish-speaking countries have signed agreements with Russia. Argentines, Colombians or Chileans, among others, have 90 days of stay without a visa.
Bad news if you are from Mexico, Spain, Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic. Not only do you need to process your visa, but the process is a real pain.
To process your visa, you need to know the exact dates of your trip and the accommodations where you are staying.
The steps you need to take to prepare your visa:
- Passport, with a minimum of 6 months of validity and two free pages
- Travel insurance (you must give a copy of the policy).
- Application form with photo ID.
or “Visa support”: It is the invitation letter. You have to process your hotel or agency.
- If you live in a country other than yours, you will have to provide evidence that youare there for at least 3 months.
- Take everything to the Russian embassy in your country (or to the Russian visa center, in Madrid, Barcelona or London), and pay.
You will recover your passport, already with the visa, in a week, more or less.
Being in Russia … without speaking Russian?
It is said that virtually nobody spoke English, that the posters are only written in Cyrillic … Not at all!
In tourist places everything is written in Russian and English. You will also find guides in English without problem, and even in Spanish if you look ahead of time.
In the metro, there is no problem either. The machines to buy tickets have the option in English, and of course the stops are also written in the language of Shakespeare. Even so, it does not hurt for you to count the stops