At present there are many scientific advances regarding medicine and even technology to prevent and detect diseases. But in many parts of the world it has been preferred to use natural medicine, this depends on each culture for its use. Natural medicine is a medicine that is based on the prevention of diseases and maintaining health instead of directly treating the symptoms once the body has become ill.
What does the concept of traditional medicine encompass?
Traditional medicine, also known as naturopathy, is an enormously broad concept of techniques. The main ones would be:
- Nutrition: it is based on changing the diet, correcting bad habits and adding the necessary supplements for health.
- Phytotherapy: uses plants to promote health and restore balance during illness.
- Homeopathy: uses agents very similar to those that cause the disease to stimulate the body’s defenses to heal itself
- Acupuncture: uses very thin needles to stimulate certain points of the body to improve the balance of the body.
- Digitopuntura: comes from acupuncture but uses the pressure of the fingers on different points of the body to relieve pain.
- Biomagnetism: uses the application of magnets on body areas that suffer pain.
- Massages: There are several types of massages, depending on whether you want to heal or, if it is just relaxing.
Why is traditional medicine so fashionable?
In addition to being less aggressive to the body, has no side effects or leaves harmful remains, is preventive and seeks not only physical but also emotional well-being.
Is it really effective?
It is getting more advanced, but it is far from being a panacea because there is still a lot of research to be done in this field.
It is also slower to take effect than conventional medicine and comparatively more expensive, although it is a ray of hope to alleviate symptoms of diseases and for their prevention. It is recommended that it be used in a complementary way to medical treatments of conventional medicine to make it even more effective.